Chinese broccoli with ginger, lime and peanuts
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 40g tamarind pulp
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 600g Chinese broccoli, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
1. Put the tamarind pulp in a bowl and pour in 60ml of boiling water. Allow to steep for 5 minutes, then strain, discarding the solids.
2. Heat a wok until very hot. Add the peanut oil and swirl to coat the side. Stir-fry the Chinese broccoli over medium-high for 2-3 minutes, or until just wilted.
3. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and toss for 1 minute, then stir in the sugar, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of tamarind liquid. Simmer for 1 minute.
4. Remove the Chinese broccoli to a serving plate and drizzle with the sesame oil. Scatter with the peanuts, season to taste and serve.