Choc mallow bars
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 155g (1¼ cups) plain flour
- 30g (¼ cup) icing sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 160g (½ cup) raspberry jam, slightly warmed
- 250g white marshmallows
- 80ml (⅓ cup) cream
- 160g (1 cup) chopped unsalted peanuts
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly grease a 16×26cm baking tin and line the base with baking paper, extending the paper over the long sides for easy removal later.
2. Sift the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and egg, and mix well to combine. Press the dough into the prepared tin, refrigerate for 20 minutes. Transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Spread the jam over the base.
3. Place the marshmallows and cream in a saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows have melted. Pour over the base. Sprinkle the peanuts over the top.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Half-fill a saucepan with water, bring to the boil and remove from the heat. Sit the bowl over the saucepan, ensuring the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stand, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted. Stir in the oil and cool slightly. Pour the chocolate evenly over the top of the slice and refrigerate until set. Cut into fingers and serve.