Chocolate ice cream sundaes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Chocolate fudge sauce
- 100 g (3 ½ oz/⅔ cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 185 ml (6 fl oz/¾ cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 40 g (1 ½ oz) unsalted butter, diced
- 1 litre (35 oz/4 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 6 glacé cherries
- 12 wafers
- sprinkles, to decorate (if you like)
1. To make the chocolate fudge sauce, put the chocolate, condensed milk and milk in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of steaming water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Stir occasionally until the chocolate has almost melted. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
2. Beat in the butter until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. To assemble, put two scoops of ice cream into each sundae (parfait) dish.
4. Pour the chocolate fudge sauce over the ice cream. Top each sundae with a glacé cherry and 2 wafers and serve immediately.