Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
This one will fast become a party favourite among guests young and old. The perfect combination of sweet, salty, and savoury.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites Photo: Melissa Klemke
Have your say
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
90g butter, softened
1 cup icing mixture, sifted
2 cups pretzels
3/4 cup choc chips
1 1/2 cups choc melts
1. In a mixing bowl put 2/3 cup of peanut butter with your 90g butter. Mix until well combined.
2. Then add 1/2 cup icing mixture, mix well - then add rest of icing mixture.
3. Mix in 1 cup of your pretzels and all your choc chips. Do this with a spoon because you want t keep the pretzels kind of in pieces, not completely crushed.
4. Line a tray and lightly spray it with canola oil (remember mine is doubled so use a square cake tin or small jelly roll tin...) and spread the mixture along the bottom evenly.
5. Then melt your chocolate - I do mine in the microwave - 50% power in one minute bursts, stirring in between - shouldn't take more than 2 minutes. When done, stir through 1/3 cup peanut butter.
6. Now spread that over the peanut butter mixture and then press your remaining cup of pretzels on top. Put in the fridge for at least an hour or two before slicing up. Store in fridge after cut.
Melissa Klemke is a freelance writer and a family food enthusiast. She blogs food, fun and frugality of her family of five at Frills in the Hills.