Citrus chicken drumsticks
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely chopped
1. Score the thickest part of the chicken so that it cooks evenly. Place in a shallow nonmetallic dish.
2. Combine the juices, zests, oils and spring onion and pour over the chicken. Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
3. Cook the drumsticks on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Brush occasionally with the reserved marinade. Serve immediately.