Citrus chicken drumsticks
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 80 ml (2 1/2 fl oz/ 1/3 cup) orange juice
- 80 ml (2 1/2 fl oz/ 1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely chopped
1. Pat the chicken drumsticks dry with paper towels. Trim any excess fat and score the thickest part of the chicken with a knife. Place in a shallow non-metallic dish.
2. Combine the juices, zests, oils and spring onion. Pour over the chicken. Refrigerate, covered, for several hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
3. Preheat a barbecue grill or flat plate to high. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Lightly grease the hot barbecue grill or flat plate. Cook the drumsticks for 15-20 minutes, or until tender. Brush occasionally with the reserved marinade. Serve immediately.