Citrusy-peanut soba noodles
A creative and very tasty dish.
Anna Pogson's soba noodles with citrus and peanut dressing. Photo: Marco Del Grande
Have your say
- 1/4 cup crunchy all-natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp water
- 150g soba noodles
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 handful of snowpeas or sugar snap peas, thickly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
Combine peanut butter, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, sambal oelek, olive oil and water in a bowl. Whisk until well combined. The sauce should be thick but smooth.
Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add noodles and cook according to packet instructions.
Add carrot and snowpeas to the noodles for the last minute of cooking.
Drain and rinse well under cool water.
Put noodles and cooked vegetables into a serving bowl with the mushrooms. Pour over sauce and toss well to coat.