Coconut, ginger and lime cake
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Coconut ginger and lime cake
- 150 g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (185 g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup (55 g) finely chopped glace ginger
- 1¾cups (215 g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (45 g) desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup (185 ml) milk
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Grease a 22 × 12 cm loaf tin and line the base withbaking paper. Beat the butter, sugar and lime rind in a bowl with electric beaters until pale and creamy.
2. Add the egg gradually, beating well between each addition, then add the ginger. Fold in the sifted flour and the coconut alternately with the milk. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool. If desired, garnish with lime slices and lime zest and serve with ice cream.