A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 310 g (11 oz/2 1/2 cups) icing (confectioners') sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk
- 155 g (5 1/2 oz/1 3/4 cups) desiccated coconut
1. Lightly grease a 26x8x4.5 cm (10 ½x3 ¼x1 ¾ inch) loaf (bar) tin with oil. Line the base with baking paper and grease the paper.
2. Sift the icing sugar and cream of tartar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the egg white and condensed milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in half the coconut. Add the rest of the coconut. Mix until well combined.
3. Put two-thirds of the mixture in a bowl. Add the pink colouring and knead the colour through.
4. Press half the pink mixture into the loaf tin. Cover with the white mixture and press down gently. Add the remaining pink mixture and press down gently. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set. When firm, remove from the tin and cut into squares or rectangles.