Coconut jam slice
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Coconut Jam Slice
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Lightly grease a shallow 23 cm (9 inch) square tin and line with baking paper, leaving the paper hanging over on two opposite sides. This makes it easy to lift the cooked slice out of the tin.
2. Put the flours, butter and icing sugar together in a food processor and mix in short bursts until the mixture is fine and crumbly. Add the egg yolk and process until the mixture just comes together. Alternatively, put the flour and icing sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture is fine and crumbly. Mix in the egg yolk and then gather together. Press the dough into the tin and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool, then spread the jam evenly over the pastry.
4. Beat the caster sugar and eggs together in a small bowl until creamy, then stir in the coconut. Spread the mixture over the jam, gently pressing down with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake for another 25–30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Leave to cool in the tin, then lift the slice out, using the paper as handles. Cut the slice into pieces. When cold, store in an airtight container for up to four days.