Cold soba noodles with beansprouts, soy and ginger
This noodle dish is so cool and cleansing. I love the simplicity but you can dress it up with some torn nori, sesame seeds, pea shoots, diced avocado or shredded chicken.
Tasty cold soba noodles with beansprouts, soy and ginger. Styling by Caroline Velik. Photo: Marcel Aucar
Have your say
270g packet soba noodles
2 big handfuls beansprouts
1/2 small clove garlic, finely grated
6cm piece ginger, finely grated
2 pinches sugar
120ml light Japanese-style soy sauce
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp sesame oil
40ml extra virgin olive oil
2 spring onions, finely sliced
pickled ginger to garnish
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain, then immediately chill in iced water. Drain again.
2. Blanch the beansprouts for a few seconds in boiling water. Drain and gently squeeze out any moisture.
3. For the dressing: in a large bowl combine the garlic, ginger, sugar, soy, lemon juice, sesame oil and olive oil.
4. Toss the noodles through the dressing and divide between your bowls. Scatter over the spring onion and some pickled ginger and serve.
Drink: Green tea
- Karen Martini's zucchini flower, wild rice, lentil and yoghurt salad