Corn with smoked paprika, chilli butter glaze and lime
Hot and spicy but the intensity is balanced by the buttery glaze and the sweetness of the corn.
Have your say
- 4 cobs corn, cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3 green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 100g butter
- 1 lime
1. Place the corn in a large saucepan with all the ingredients except the butter and lime. Add enough water to almost cover and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a slow simmer, add the butter and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cooked corn and keep warm.
3. Reduce the liquid down to a couple of centimetres (this might take 15 minutes), return corn to the pan to warm through. Remove the corn and reduce the liquid to a glaze. Serve corn with the glaze poured over the top and a good squeeze of lime.