Country cottage flan
Have your say
- 1/2 cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup plain white flour
- 50 g margarine
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups mashed potato
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Sift flours into bowl and rub in margarine with fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix in enough water to make a firm pastry (or mix flour and margarine in food processor, then add just enough water so that pastry clings together).
3. Roll pastry out and line a lightly greased 24 cm flan tin or pie plate. Trim edges. Prick pastry with a fork.
4. Bake pastry at 200°C for 7 minutes.
5. Place Filling ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
6. Spoon Filling into flan shell.
7. Bake at 200°C for 30–40 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve* with salad of choice.