Couscous with dates and mint
If you are creating the ultimate dinner party menu, try this delicious recipe idea from Luke Mangan.
Have your say
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400g instant couscous
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup dates, pitted and finely sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the peas until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Bring the stock to the boil. Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour the stock over it. Tightly cover the bowl with a lid or clingfilm and leave for 10 minutes. Fork it through until light and fluffy.
- Finely slice two thirds of the mint and add to the couscous, along with the dates and peas. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and mix well.
- Serve warm or cold in bowls garnished with remaining whole mint leaves.