Creamy coconut ice
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 400 g can condensed milk
- 3 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2–3 drops pink food colouring
1. Brush a 20 cm square cake tin with oil or melted butter. Line base with baking paper.
2. Sift the icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add condensed milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in half the coconut; add the remaining coconut. Using your hands, mix until ingredients are well combined.
3. Divide mixture in half. Tint one half with pink food colouring. Using your hand, knead colour through evenly.
4. Press pink mixture over the base of prepared tin; cover with the white mixture and press down firmly to even the surface. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Remove Coconut Ice from tin and cut into squares or bars. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place for two to three weeks.