Crunchy broccoli salad
As the weather warms, it is time to start whipping up some salads. Not only is this salad super easy to make, but it gives you a big dose of green veggies too.
Crunchy and satisfying ... how to make this delicious broccoli salad. Photo: Nicole Avery
Have your say
- 6 cups small broccoli florets
- ½ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ small Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp goji berries
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1. Add broccoli, celery and onion to a large bowl. Toss gently then add the coriander, sunflower seeds and almonds.
2. To make the dressing combine the mustard, olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Pour the dressing over the salt and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Notes: You can make the salad in advance, make the dressing and leave the dressing in a small jar and place in the fridge. Prior to serving just give the jar a vigorous shake and pour on the salad. This will allow the salad to stay crunchy for longer.
Nicole Avery is a Melbourne mum to five beautiful kids. She is the master organiser behind the popular parenting blog Planning With Kids and the author of a book by the same name, where she shares tips and tricks for organising the chaos of family life.