Crunchy cheese bites
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 250 g (9 oz/2 cups) grated cheddar cheese
- 125 g (4 1/2 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 60 g (2 1/4 oz/1/4 cup) ricotta cheese
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) chopped spring onions (scallions)
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- beaten egg, to brush
- milk, to brush
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F/Gas 7). Combine the cheeses, spring onion, tomato and egg in a bowl.
2. Cut the pastry into circles using a 10 cm (4 inch) cutter. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto one half of each round.
3. Fold the pastry over the filling to make semi-circles. Brush the edges between the pastry with a little of the beaten egg and press the edges together firmly with a fork to seal.
4. Place on a baking tray and brush with a little milk. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Allow the pastries to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving