Crunchy parcel chicken salad with remoulade
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 300 g/10½ oz each)
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 185 g (6½ oz/¾ cup) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and squeezed dry, chopped
- 25 g (1 oz) cornichons, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 2 iceberg lettuce hearts, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 radishes, trimmed and cut into thin matchsticks
- 100 g (3½ oz/1 cup) walnuts, toasted and halved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels, then place each breast on a piece of baking paper large enough to wrap the breast and its topping. Combine the onion and fresh and dried oregano in a bowl and season to taste. Lightly rub the olive oil onto each breast then cover evenly with the herb mixture. Fold the baking paper over each chicken breast, then tuck the ends underneath so it is secure. Cover each parcel with foil to help retain the juices and place in a roasting tin. Bake for about 25–30 minutes, or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before opening the parcels.
2. Meanwhile, to make the remoulade, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and season. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with the remoulade.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the parcels and finely slice. Arrange the slices over each plated salad and serve. This is delicious served with crusty bread.