Cuttlefish and fennel salad
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 750 g (1 lb 10 oz) cuttlefish or squid, cleaned and cut into thin strips
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely sliced, reserving the fronds
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 80 g (2¾ oz/3 cups) rocket (arugula)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1. Place the cuttlefish on a plate in a steamer and cover with a lid. Sit the steamer over a saucepan or wok of boiling water and steam for about 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Cool, then place in a bowl with the fennel, onion and 2 tablespoons of the finely chopped fennel fronds.
2. Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or a screw-top jar and pour over the salad. Toss gently and season to taste.
3. Arrange the rocket leaves on a serving plate and top with the salad.