Date bombs recipe
Little balls of protein and energy made from pureed raw dates, nuts and seeds.
Have your say
- 100g chopped walnuts or cashews, lightly toasted
- 100g almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp linseed, sunflower seeds and/or pepitas
- 170g medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 100g soft dried apricots or figs, chopped
- 100g prunes, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup, Pinch of sea salt
- 100g desiccated coconut for coating
1. Combine the walnuts, almonds and seeds in a food processor and whiz until fine crumbs. Add the dates, apricots and prunes and whiz until smooth. Add the tahini, cacao powder, cinnamon, honey and sea salt and whiz for two minutes or until the mixture starts to form into a ball.
2. Divide into golf ball-sized portions and roll into balls between lightly wet palms. Roll in coconut, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Tip Freezing makes them deliciously firm and chewy.