Diamond-cut roast sweet potato and slivered garlic
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 small orange sweet potatoes, about 14 cm (5 1/2 inches) long and 6 cm (2 1/2 inches) thick
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 rosemary sprigs
- 2 garliccloves, sliced into fine slivers
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5). Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them in half lengthways. Using a strong, sharp knife, make 1 cm (1/2 inch) deep cuts in a diamond pattern into the sweet potato, about 1.5 cm (5/8 inch) apart, be careful not to cut all the way through. Place on a lightly oiled baking tray, cut side up.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice and olive oil. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush all over the sweet potato. Scatter the rosemary sprigs over the top.
3. Roast for 20 minutes, then scatter the garlic slivers over the sweet potato and bake for a further 20-30 minutes, or until the sweet potato is tender.