A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 2½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 425 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Sanitarium® Roast Flavour TVP
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 50 g tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 enchilada tortillas
- ½ cup tomato purée
- 40 g low-fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, extra
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Heat the oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the capsicum, chilli and 1½ teaspoons cumin and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the beans.
2. Cover the TVP with boiling water, and soak, covered, for a few minutes until the water has been absorbed.
3. Add the TVP, coriander, tomato paste and lime juice to the pan and stir over medium heat for a few minutes.
4. Place 2 tablespoons of the bean mixture in the centre of each tortilla. Roll to enclose the filling, then put seam-side-down on a baking tray.
5. Combine the tomato purée and remaining cumin, and spoon over the enchiladas. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Serve the enchiladas with a salad of iceberg lettuce, tomato and beetroot, drizzled with a little lime juice.