Chicken tikka wraps
Submitted by: Dimple KIRPALANI
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- 2 tsp dry mint leaves ground to powder or fresh mint chutney
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp tandoori paste or powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger -garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- 6-8 drops lemon juice
- salt to taste.
- 100 grams chicken strips or paneer cubes or tofu
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum sliced
- 1/4 green capsicum sliced.
- 1tsp butter
- 1 packet of wraps
I generally make the vegetarian version of this recepie with Paneer or Tofu. They are yummy and can be spiced according to your family's taste. If you have an older child who likes cooking let them give this recipe a go.
Use a oven proof baking dish and use the butter to grease it.
Marinate the chicken, onions and peppers in the marinade. Put them all in the baking dish and cover with cling film. Refrigerate for at least half an hour.
Then bake in the oven for about 20 mins at 180 degrees Celsius. The mixture should be almost creamy, not too dry or wet.
Once done, toast the wraps on a girdle with some butter to make them crisp. Put about 4 tbs of the chicken mixture in the centre and then fold the wrap from both sides to make a parcel. Serve hot with some fresh salad.
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe