Slowcooker scalloped potatoes
The perfect recipe to throw together on a Friday afternoon. Cooking it all in your slowcooker means that it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and the end result will melt in your mouth.
- 1kg new potatoes, sliced (I left skin on)
- 1 brown onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tin cream of anything soup (I used celery but mushroom, chicken, asparagus anything would be good)
- 1/4 cup lite sour cream
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese (optional)
Place potatoes, onion and garlic in your slow cooker.
Roughly mix your soup, sour cream and milk in a jug and pour over the top.
Put lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5. For the last 30 minutes sprinkle over the cheese.
Crisp up under the grill for 10 minutes if you like.
Melissa Klemke is a freelance writer and a family food enthusiast. She blogs food, fun and frugality of her family of five at Frills in the Hills
Got a favourite recipe? Share your recipe