A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 (300 g) large silverbeet leaves
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 140 g fetta cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, extra
1. Preheat oven to moderately hot 210°C (190°C gas). Brush two oven trays with melted butter or oil. Heat oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, until soft. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Wash silverbeet leaves and tear into pieces. Place in pan, cover with lid and cook for 30 seconds, until soft. Do this in two batches, shaking pan often and lifting leaves with tongs to prevent them sticking to the base. Set aside to cool.
2. Take handfuls of softened leaves and squeeze tightly to drain out as much moisture as possible. Chop and add to bowl with the cheeses; mix well. Add egg to the mixture, combine thoroughly.
3. Cut each pastry sheet into four squares. Divide mixture between squares, fold over to form triangles. Brush with extra beaten egg and place on prepared trays. Bake 25 minutes, until golden.