Fettucine with butter
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 500 g (1 lb) fettucine
- 200 g (6½ oz) cold butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (200 g/6½ oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Add the fettucine to a large pan of rapidly boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain thoroughly in a colander and keep warm.
2. While the pasta is cooking, warm some serving bowls. About 3 minutes before the fettucine is ready, slice the butter into fine pieces. Divide the butter pieces evenly between warmed serving bowls. Place the warm pasta on top of the butter.
3. Season well with the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with olives or fresh herb sprigs, if desired.