Fish cutlets with ginger and chilli
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 × 175 g (6 oz) firm white fish cutlets, such as snapper or blue-eye
- 5 cm (2 inch) piece of ginger, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro) stems
- 3 spring onions (scallions), cut into short, fine shreds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Line a steamer with banana leaves or baking paper and punch with holes. Place the fish in the steamer, top with the ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander and cover with a lid. Sit the steamer over a wok or saucepan of boiling water and steam for about 8–10 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
2. Sprinkle the spring onion and lime juice over the fish, cover and steam for an extra 30 seconds. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.