Freeform pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagne
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Freeform pumpkin, spinach and ricotta lasagne.
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1.5kg butternut pumpkin, cut into 1.5 cm dice
- 500g English spinach, trimmed
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets (12 cm × 20 cm)
- 500g (2 cups) ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp thick cream
- 25g (¼ cup) grated parmesan cheese
- a pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add the pumpkin and toss over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until tender (don't worry if the pumpkin is slightly mashed). Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and keep warm.
2. Blanch the spinach in a large saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds, or until wilted. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl of cold water. Drain well, squeeze out as much excess water as possible, then finely chop.
3. Add the lasagne to the pan of boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and lay the sheets side by side on a clean tea towel. Cut each sheet widthways into thirds.
4. Put the ricotta, cream, parmesan, spinach and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through.
5. Working quickly to assemble, place a lasagne strip on each serving plate. Top with half the pumpkin, then another lasagne strip. Top with half the ricotta mixture, then a final lasagne strip. Arrange the remaining pumpkin and ricotta mixture over the top. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.