French loaf grill
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 80 g butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 long French bread stick
- 385 g can asparagus spears
- 4 slices leg ham
- 80 g gruyère cheese, sliced
1. Place butter, garlic, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl; mix well. Cut French stick into four equal sections, then in halves horizontally. Spread both cut sides with the butter mixture.
2. Drain asparagus spears thoroughly. Lay on buttered side of bread, top with half slice ham and cheese.
3. Place under moderately hot grill and cook for about 3 minutes, until cheese has melted. Serve.