Bread is an important staple food for growing children. Vary the types of bread for this recipe by using rye, wholegrain or even fruit bread. This is a delicious breakfast for a weekend treat.
Have your say
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp reduced-fat milk
- margarine or oil, for frying
- 2 thick slices wholemeal (whole-wheat) bread
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
1. Combine the egg and milk in a bowl large enough to fit the bread, and beat lightly with a fork.
2. Heat the margarine or oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, drain off the excess, then cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove to a plate, top with the strawberries and drizzle with honey or maple syrup.