Fresh rice noodles with black-eyed beans in mint sambal
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Thai sweet chilli sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked black-eyed beans
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 300 g thin fresh rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1. To make the mint sambal, place the mint, onion, garlic, lemon juice, Thai chilli sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and blend until it forms a paste. Transfer to a bowl, add the black-eyed beans and toss to coat.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into thin ribbons.
3. Pour boiling water over the noodles and leave for 5 minutes, or until softened. Drain, then separate by pulling apart.
4. To serve, divide the noodles and cucumber strips among four bowls and top with the black-eyed beans. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.