A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 baby eggplants, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup (30 g/1 oz) seasoned flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (150 g/4 3/4 oz) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup (35 g/1 1/4 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- oil, for frying
1. Spread the eggplant slices on trays. Sprinkle thoroughly with salt. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes. Rinse well, then pat dry.
2. Dust each eggplant slice with seasoned flour, shake off excess. Dip slices in beaten egg (you may need to blend a little milk to the beaten egg to extend it) and then into combined breadcrumbs and Parmesan to coat.
3. Heat oil in a deep, heavy-based pan. Lower eggplant slices into moderately hot oil and cook in batches over medium heat until golden brown.
4. Serve with sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, aïoli, or other dipping sauces of your choice.