Easy to make, always popular and very nutritious. Slice the vegetables in the food processor to save time and vary the recipe by using other vegetables.
Have your say
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- 2–3 zucchini, grated or finely sliced
- 200 g (6½ oz) mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup (30 g/1 oz) chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup (30 g/1 oz) chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Heat the oil in a 20 cm (8 inch) wide, heavy-based, non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 2–3 minutes without browning.
2. Add the potato, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally. Add the zucchini and mushrooms, turn to combine, and cook for 5 minutes. Mix through the herbs, then pour the eggs over the top. Cook over low heat until the eggs are set on the bottom.
3. Place under a preheated grill to set the top (wrap foil around the pan handle to protect it). Turn out and cut into wedges. Serve hot or cold with a green salad and some bread. If serving cold, chill until serving time.