Frozen banana bites
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 3 large bananas, peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- 9 wooden iceblock (popsicle) sticks
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- 20 g (¾ oz) white vegetable shortening (Copha)
1. Line a large baking tray with foil. Cut the iceblock sticks in half. Carefully push a stick into each piece of banana.
2. Combine the chocolate and shortening in a small heatproof bowl. Set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Working one at a time, dip each banana piece into the hot chocolate mixture. Drain off any excess chocolate. Place onto the tray. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Freeze for at least 2 hours.