Frozen mocha cheesecake
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 125 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 125 g dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup cream, lightly whipped
1. Line the base of a 24 cm round springform cake tin with foil, brush with oil. Place biscuits in food processor bowl. Process for 20 seconds or until finely crushed. Transfer crumbs to medium bowl, add butter; mix until well combined. Press firmly into base of prepared tin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until quite firm.
2. To make filling: Using electric beaters, beat cheeses in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar, beat until combined. Add egg yolks, beat until smooth. Dissolve coffee in water, add to cheese mixture with melted chocolate; mix well.
3. Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in small bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream, then egg whites into cheese mixture. Pour mixture into tin. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate hearts. Dust with sifted cocoa powder. When ready to serve, cut into thin wedges.