Fruit kebabs with cardamom syrup
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1/4 small pineapple, peeled
- 1 peach
- 1 banana, peeled
- 16 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 30 g (1 oz) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon rum or brandy
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
1. Cut the pineapple into bite-sized pieces. Cut the peach into 8 wedges and slice the banana. Thread all the fruit pieces alternately onto skewers and place in a shallow dish.
2. To make the cardamom syrup, mix together the honey, butter, cardamom, rum and sugar and pour over the kebabs, brushing to coat. Cover and leave the kebabs at room temperature for 1 hour.
3. Cook the kebabs on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate for 5 minutes. Brush with the syrup during cooking. Serve drizzled with the remaining syrup, topped with ice cream.