A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 6 new potatoes
- 2 carrots, cut into thick batons
- 250 g (9 oz) snake beans, cut into long lengths
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 250 g (9 oz) firm tofu, cubed
- 100 g (3½ oz) baby English spinach leaves
- 2 Lebanese (short) cucumbers, cut into batons
- 1 large red capsicum (pepper), cut into batons
- 100 g (3½ oz) bean sprouts
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 g (5½ oz/⅔ cup) peanut butter
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/¼ cup) kecap manis
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce
- 185 ml (6 fl oz/¾ cup) coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon grated palm sugar (jaggery)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Cut into quarters. Cook the carrot and beans separately in boiling water until just tender. Plunge into iced water, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the tofu in batches. Drain on paper towels.
3. To make the peanut sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat and cook the onion for about 5 minutes. Add the peanut butter, kecap manis, coriander, chilli sauce and coconut cream. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the palm sugar and juice until the sugar has dissolved. Arrange the vegetables and tofu on a plate. Halve the eggs and place in the centre. Serve with the sauce.