A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 spatchcocks (poussin), rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, halved
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Fill the cavity of each spatchcock with the lemon and garlic, then tie the legs together with string.
2. Place the spatchcocks on a rack, then put the rack in a roasting tin and pour in enough water to cover the base of the tin. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil.
3. Combine the plum sauce, oyster sauce, honey and chilli and brush over the spatchcocks. Return them to the oven and cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Brush occasionally with the marinade during cooking.
4. This is delicious served with steamed rice and green beans.