Goats cheese tartlets
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 cup (125 g/4 oz) plain flour
- 75 g(2½ oz) chilled butter, cubed
- 1–2 tablespoons cold milk
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 100 g (3⅓ oz) goats cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 10–15 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion tops
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml/4 fl oz) cream
1. Place flour, pinch of salt and butter in a food processor; process until crumbly. Add milk; process until mixture comes together. Turn out and knead lightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
2. Roll out pastry to a thickness of 2 mm (⅛ inch) and use an 8 cm (3 inch) plain cutter to cut 15 circles. Line 15 deep patty tins with rounds. Prick the pastry lightly; bake 7 minutes, or until the pastry is set but not coloured.
3. Arrange the sun-dried tomatoes on the bases; cover with the cheese, basil, olives and spring onions. Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl; add the cream, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon the mixture on top of filling; bake for 15 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Serve warm or at room temperature.