Hawaiian macadamia cupcakes
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 185 g (6½ oz/1½ cups) self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 170 g (6 oz/¾ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 45 g (1⅔ oz/½ cup) desiccated coconut
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 220 g (7¾ oz) tinned crushed pineapple in syrup, drained
- 185 ml (6 fl oz/¾ cup) vegetable oil
- 50 g (1¾ oz) macadamia nuts, chopped, plus extra to decorate
- 90 g (3¼ oz) cream cheese, softened
- 45 g (1½ oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 280 g (10 oz/2¼ cups) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line 18 standard muffin holes with paper cases.
2. Sift the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl, then add the sugar and coconut and stir to combine. Add the egg, pineapple and oil and mix well. Stir in the macadamia nuts.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cake. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
4. To make the lemon cream, beat the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with electric beaters until smooth. Add the lemon juice and icing sugar, and beat until well combined.
5. Decorate each cake with lemon cream and a sprinkling of macadamia nuts.