A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- Pineapple Salsa
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 small handful mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice mango sauce
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz/1/4 cup) unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 quantity coconut lime ice cream or 1 litre (35 oz/4 cups) other tropical-flavoured ice cream
1. To make the pineapple salsa, put the diced pineapple in a plastic container with a lid and add the sugar, mint and lime juice. Seal the container and shake vigorously to mix together well and crush the pineapple a bit. Refrigerate until needed.
2. To make the mango sauce, purée the mango flesh in a food processor, then push through a sieve. Whisk in enough icing sugar to sweeten.
3. Dry-fry the macadamia nuts in a frying pan over high heat for about 2 minutes, tossing the pan regularly until the nuts are golden. Remove the nuts from the pan and set aside to cool. Roughly chop.
4. To assemble the sundaes, put two scoops of the ice cream in each of six parfait (sundae) glasses. Add a spoonful of mango sauce and a large spoonful of the pineapple salsa. Top with the chopped nuts and serve immediately, drizzled with any remaining mango sauce.