Herb and pistachio terrine
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 200 g (7 oz) piece of ham off the bone, cut into 1 cm (½ inch) cubes
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced (ground) veal
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) minced (ground) chicken
- 165 g (5¾ oz/2 cups) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped sage
- 4 tablespoons snipped chives
- 50 g (1¾ oz/⅓ cup) unsalted pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (concentrated purée)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Line a 23 × 13 cm (9 × 5 inch) loaf (bar) tin with baking paper.
2. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, then press the mixture firmly into the loaf tin. Cover loosely with foil.
3. Place the loaf tin in a roasting tin, then pour enough hot water into the roasting tin to come halfway up the sides. Bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Remove from the oven and take out of the roasting tin.
4. If you are serving the terrine hot, turn it out, cut it into thick slices and serve with vegetables. If you prefer to eat it cold, allow it to cool in the tin before turning it out and serving with a salad.