Herbed eggplant with tarragon mayonnaise
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 eggplants, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fennel, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme, chopped
- ⅓ cup (80 ml/2¾ fl oz) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 g/4 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 hard-boiled egg yolk, finely grated
- juice and grated rind of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Sprinkle the eggplant slices with salt and leave in a colander for 30 minutes, then rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
2. To make Tarragon Mayonnaise: Beat the mayonnaise and ricotta together. Stir in the egg yolk, lemon juice and rind and herbs, cover and refrigerate.
3. Combine the fennel, chilli, thyme, olive oil and salt in a bowl. Brush the eggplant with the herb oil and place under a hot grill until golden. Turn over, brush with herb oil and grill the other side.
4. Drizzle the remaining herb oil over the grilled eggplant and serve warm with the chilled Tarragon Mayonnaise.