Herbed Lamb Cutlets with Steamed Greens and Tapénade
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
Herbed Lamb Cutlets with Steamed Greens and Tapenade
- Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and oregano in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in another shallow bowl and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the egg in a third bowl, add 1 tablespoon cold water and stir to combine well.
- Dip each cutlet into the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumb mixture, lightly pressing to coat well. Place onto a baking paper-lined baking tray and refrigerate for 15–20 minutes to firm the coating.
- Preheat a barbecue hotplate or frying pan to medium–low direct heat and lightly brush with oil. Add the cutlets and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and the meat is cooked to your liking. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium heat, add the beans and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peas and broad beans and cook for a further minute or until the vegetables are tender. Drain well, then peel the outer shell of the broad beans.
- To serve, place the greens on serving plates, top with the cutlets, scatter with the mint leaves, drizzle with olive oil and serve with the tapénade on the side.