Herbed potato rosti
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1 kg (2 lb) potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup (40 g/1⅓ oz) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g (1⅓ oz) butter
1. Grate the potatoes and the onion. Rinse the potato and squeeze out any excess moisture.
2. Place the grated potato, onion, fresh chives, fresh parsley, beaten eggs and flour in a bowl and mix well.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-based frying pan. Drop heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the pan, and flatten them. Cook 3–4 pancakes at a time over medium heat for 2–3 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown, then turn and brown the other side. Drain on paper towel and keep warm while cooking the remaining mixture. Delicious served with a fresh green salad or for breakfast with crispy bacon strips.