Homemade chocolate freckles
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 150 g (5½ oz) milk chocolate melts (buttons)
- ready-made sprinkles of your choice (such as hundreds and thousands, silver or mixed cachous and/or coloured sprinkles)
1. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Remove from the heat.
3. Working with 2 teaspoons of the chocolate at a time, shape into 12 rounds on the prepared tray 5 cm (2 inches) apart. Lightly tap the tray on the bench to spread the chocolate out to form 5 cm (2 inch) discs. Top the chocolate discs with the sprinkles of your choice. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or until set.
4. The chocolate freckles will keep, stored in an airtight container in a cool place, for up to 2 weeks.