Honey-spiced coffee madeleines
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 2 eggs
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 60g (½ cup) plain flour
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 tsp finely ground espresso coffee beans
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- icing sugar, sifted, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Grease 36 madeleine moulds.
3. Beat the eggs and caster sugar in a large bowl using electric beaters until pale and creamy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, ground coffee and spices and gently fold into the egg mixture. Combine the honey and butter in a small bowl and fold into the batter. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared moulds. Bake for 7–10 minutes, or until golden and springy to touch. Allow the madeleines to cool in the moulds for 1 minute, then turn outonto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Arrange the madeleines on a serving plate and dust with the icing sugar.
5. Madeleines are best eaten on the day they are made.