Ice cream cannonballs
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 400 g (14 oz) ice cream (you can use any flavour you like. We used vanilla)
- 250 g (9 oz/1 2/3 cups) milk or dark chocolate melts (buttons)
1. Soften the ice cream slightly and spread it out in a shallow container so it's 2.5 cm (1 inch) deep. Freeze until frozen solid.
2. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and place in the freezer. Using a melon baller, scoop out tiny balls of ice cream and place them on the baking tray. Put a cocktail stick in each ice cream ball. Cover the tray tightly with plastic wrap, making sure it is completely covered so the ice cream doesn't dry out, then refreeze overnight so the balls are frozen solid.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Remove the bowl and set aside to cool a little.
4. Ladle some of the melted chocolate into a separate bowl. Work with just a few balls at a time so they do not melt. Dip each ball in the chocolate and place it back on the tray. Return to the freezer. Reheat the chocolate if necessary. Add more melted chocolate to the bowl if needed. Freeze until you are ready to serve.