Individual coffee pavlovas with white chocolate mousse
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 200 g white choc melts, melted
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup cream, whipped
- 250 g punnet strawberries, quartered
1. Preheat oven to slow 150°C. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Place egg whites in large, dry mixing bowl. Using electric beaters, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, beating constantly after each addition. Beat 5–10 minutes until thick and glossy and sugar has dissolved. Gently fold blended coffee and water into meringue mixture.
2. Divide meringue mixture into six portions, drop each portion 5 cm apart on trays (three on each). Shape evenly, running a flat-bladed knife around edge and over top of meringue rounds. Smooth edges with a palette knife, making mini pavlova shapes. Bake for 45 minutes or until pale and crisp. Turn off oven, cool pavlovas in oven with door ajar.
3. To make topping: Place cooled, melted chocolate in medium bowl. Whisk in egg yolks, stir until smooth. Fold in whipped cream, refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, spoon chocolate mixture over each pavlova, top with strawberries.