Jam roly poly
A recipe from the Good Food collection.
Have your say
- 1½ cups (185 g) self-raising flour
- 30 g butter, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk
- ½ cup (160 g) jam, warmed
- 40 g butter, diced, extra
- ½ cup (125 g) sugar
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C(350°F/ Gas 4). Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the butter and rub in until it resembles breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre, add the milk and mix with a flat-bladed knife to form a firm dough. Gather the dough together and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Press into a ball and roll out to form a 20 × 25 cm rectangle. Spread with jam, leaving a 1 cm border. Roll up firmly lengthways. Trim the edges. Place into the dish, seam-side-down.
3. Mix together the extra butter, sugar and 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Gently pour the sauce over the dough.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm to touch and the sauce has thickened.